I cannot go another day without writing about Las Vegas. I have a place in my heart for Las Vegas. It is the place where my daughter came into the world. My heart is breaking for the people there, and for so many people from Southern California who were at the festival that night.
This past Sunday was the feast day of St Therese of Lisieux. It was her “little way” to do small acts of kindness for others all for love. In our world today, I believe this is what we should be doing.
St Therese said, “Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.”
Here are 10 little ways to spread love right now:
1. Spend time with your children and your spouse. Put down your phone and stop reading the news and Facebook. Your time here is precious.
2. Call your mom, dad, or grandparents.
3. Send a hand written letter to a friend.
4. Ask your child to choose artwork to send to relatives and friends along with a note from your child. Show them they too can do small acts for love.
5. Let your neighbors know you are there to help if there is ever an emergency.
6. Invite friends and neighbors for a meal at your home and send the leftovers home with them.
7. Help a friend or loved one using your God-given talent, or call your church or a local charity to find out how you can use your time and talent to help.
8. Give away the clothes your child does not wear to a friend or loved one who needs them.
9. Donate those items you have no use for because someone else might need them very badly.
10. If you have nothing to give, pray. I have seen the power of prayer work miracles, big and small. There is no prayer that goes unheard.
You can make a difference in the world. As St Therese shows us with her little way, nothing is to small to make a difference in another person’s life.